Soul Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the story and find out the many twists of this popular manga/anime in Soul Eater:Soul Abyss !

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shopping Surprises

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Ahhhhhh the market place, my favorite spot in Death City. The people are always smiling and there is always a good sale. Oooooo the baby turtles in the pet store window look so cute, I could always have just one more pet. The turtle's eyes glisten behind the glass tank almost begging me to show it the marvelous world beyond its semi aquatic prison. I stare back at the turtle with my face pressed against the glass. I know i shouldn't buy it considering how hard it is taking care of my new mouse pet but...

I take one last look at the still hopeful turtle before leaving, which causes me to shed one womanly tear. As I take a few steps away I regret my desicion to leave it there and return to the store window. With heart telling me yes and my conscience telling me no, I find myself pacing back and forth up and down the sidewalk. This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wolfen

Sarah Wolfen

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Once again I find myself at the shopping market, getting foodstuff for the week to come. Lately I have found myself gorging of food due to me using my magic at night, charging 3113-N battery but so far to no avail has it woken up since her transformation.  “What am I doing wrong?” I pondered how to revive 3113-N, as I was carry a big sack of groceries. My tail began to shiver slightly as smell the rare steak that was sitting on top the bag.

The streets were busy as usually, you could see shops and vendors all down the shopping market, but was stood out was in the distance I could see someone gawking at a turtle that was behind glass, almost like she wanted to take it and care for it forever. She then walked away and started pacing; you could almost see a tear come up.

I began walking in that direction and notice a hat, a certain frogish looking hat. I then sighed as I continue walking back home. It was Noir, she was the only one I knew that wore a hat like that, but I couldn’t say anything, I wear wolf ears all the time, even at school. I cannot recount the time teacher have told me to take it off and I flat out ignore them. Instead I sleep through class while manage to keep at least a B in all my classes. They can’t complain I am learning what they teach and then some.

I continue my way home and started to pass Noir, who looked completely preoccupied.
Back to top Go down
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 pm

What should I do, what should i do? Should i get the turtle or leave it, I'm mean it would be great to have and it really looks like it needs me, but what if I'm not a great pet parent, it could die? If it dies it would be all my fault, I'd be a murder!!

Feeling even more conflicted than a moment ago I finally stop pacing and stand frozen in terror of my own thoughts. I glance away from the store window just long enough to see a familiar face pass me by. Before I can clearly distinguish who the person is I call out them. "Hheeeyyy!!"

Upon further inspection I see that I have just called out to Sarah, but with this big of a life crisis hanging over my head I could care less, I need help NOW. I start to make my way over to her, desperately hoping she will help me out.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wolfen

Sarah Wolfen

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 pm

I look at Noir as she is hounding me about something, I could not make since between her fast sentences and her panicking over something. “Look you need to calm down and tell me what is going on.” Noir may get on my nerves to the point I hate her, but I would try and help her. I try to gauge what is going on, but nothing around me gave a hint. I glanced in the window and saw a turtle and somehow it made me hungrier, was strange though, the idea of turtle soup popped in my head. I blame the steak, it was making me hungry, and started staring at the turtle with hungry eyes

I then return to reality and look at Noir, Hoping she calmed down, I asked again “Noir, what is going on?”
Back to top Go down
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:08 am

"There's this really cute loveable turtle that needs a home but I'm scared that I'd be a bad turtle mother, so I've been all in a tizzy because i can't leave it but am scared to take care of it because of reasons and...and...What should I do!!?"
I find myself starring deep into the souls of Sarah's eyes and then an idea hits me.

"If you take the turtle then it will have a home... *Gasp* Let's go get it!!"
I grab Sarah's wrist and quickly lead her into the pet store.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wolfen

Sarah Wolfen

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:21 pm

“Wait….What?!” As Noir drags me into the pet shop, I avoid this place for a reason. As soon as I get dragged in I hear “woof, bark bark”, it was a puppy. I break away from Noir and start petting a big hybrid dog (Part wolf, part dog) that was about 150 pounds and playing with it. Then I look for my wallet and see how much I have to spend, this dog was going to be mine. I put the dog back in the pen and told it to sit, much to my surprise it sat down. I then told it to lie down; it lied down, and asked for it to speak, “bark”.

In my head, “What is going on, does this dog actually understand me?” I look at Noir and who is getting flustered at me cause I was playing with the dog and ignoring the turtle. I was more confused about what going on now.  

I then asked the dog “Can you understand me?”
“Woof”
“Do you want me to take you home?” asking questioningly
“Woof, Woof” its tail begins to wag excitedly
“Do you want to be my partner and hunt down kishins?” throwing a out of the blue question at it
“Growl, bark bark” as if it wanted to fight beside me
“I’ll take that as a yes” As I try to gauge how much this was all going cost.

I then realized Noir was standing behind me. “Ummmmmm?!”
Back to top Go down
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Soo my potential surrogate turtle mother has just wondered off to play with a dog, great. "uuuummmm excuse me? Sarah?" And to top it off she seems top be having a conversation with it. Wait...she's talking to it aannnddd its doing what she says... THAT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

As Sarah continues to share a moment with the dog i can't help stand back and take in this rare site. Who knew that this witchaphobic wolf girl had a soft spot dogs. If some homely canine can like her then she can't be all bad right? But she still hasn't solved my problem.

Sarah finally concludes her chat and takes notice of my presence again.
"Sssssoooo...you're good with dogs huh? Is that like a natural talent ooorrr.......? THAT'S IT!!"

Before i even finish my sentence or give Sarah time to answer i race back over to the turtle tank that was in the front window. I reach over the top and lay my hand flat on the bottom of the tank directly in front of the turtle. I look it straight in its tiny reptilian eyes.
"C-come..."
It stares back at me for a moment before taking 2 wobbly turtley steps into the palm of my hand.
"oh...my...glob!! I was like-then you were like-and now we're both like- we have a connection" *swoons heavily*

The turtle looks so happy to be held in my hand, I'm so ecstatic that my idea actually worked and didn't end up with me injured in someway. It understands me which means taking care of it will be 10x's easier than taking care of that psychopathic mouse.

I place the turtle on top of my head and look up at it.
"We're friends now we're gonna have soft tacos later"
The turtles eyes give off a distinct shiny glimmer which i take as a sign of approval. I walk back towards Sarah brimming with pride and accomplishment while excitedly pointing at my new friend.
"It understands me!!"

Back to top Go down
Sarah Wolfen

Sarah Wolfen

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Before Noir even had a chance the walk out the door, I grab her by the collar dragging her and the turtle that was on top of her head to the book section. I then skim down the book rank and told her to read this book and get all the stuff the turtle needs to live in and eat. “Soft Tacos are not a proper meal for turtles, Noir!”

As it looked like Noir was reading that book, I was gathering up dog supplies like; dog food, bowl, collar, tags, leash…..the works. I had own a dog before so this one was no different. Except that this dog was following me and could actually understand me, it looked at one of the toys with puppyish like eyes. In a moment of weakness for those eyes, I said yes and it picked out a ball, and was prancing with it towards me.

Now loaded with food in one hand and dog food and other assorted goods in the other, I went ahead and paid for the dog stuff. But as soon as the teller told me that it will be 335.86, I winced “this was going to be expensive” I muttered. So I had to pull out my deathcard and put it on credit, we may get paid at the DWMA but Lord Death does not pay all that well, only occasionally based on the mission and who almost died. And nn that note I told the teller to hold on as I went and got a backpack for the dog, and paid for that too. “Your new total will be 386.23” My heart broke a little more, lucky this was going on my Death credit card.

After that was set and done, and put the back pack on the dog, I had a free hand again, because it was carrying all it stuff. Realizing that this dog was bigger and taller than when I first glanced at it, it was higher than my hips, so walk back to Noir and noticed she wasn't there, where did she go?
Back to top Go down
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

"Soft tacos aren't proper food for turtles" I mockingly mutter under my breath as Sarah walls away. I'll show her, I don't need some book to tell me how to care of a turtle that understands me. I look out from the book isle to see if Sarah is still around, lucky for me she seems to have disappeared. I head to register to pay for the turtle before i leave this time. The store clerk looked a little confused as to why i was giving him money but he soon sees the turtle sitting on my head and talks the money without further hesitation. With the receipt in hand and turtle on head i leave the pet store to find the nearest taco stand.

The turtle and i soon come across a taco stand not far from the pet store and order 20 regular,1 veggie, and 1 all meat taco. Its not long before the order is ready and we take our seats. I place turtle friend on the table beside his veggie taco which he immediately starts nibbling on. I eat about 7 or so regular tacos before realizing that turtle friend is still without a name. I look down at the table to see a happy and full turtle covered up in the soft taco shell. "You must have been pretty hungry huh? Well now that your fed we can get down to business."
Turtle friend looks up at me with cutely serious eyes.
"Now what to name you?....."
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wolfen

Sarah Wolfen

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm

After the ding of the registrar taking poor Sarah money, even though it was her Death Card and was on credit, Sarah felt repulsed of what she just did. But when she looked at the dog, the feeling was replaced with excitement; the Dog was ready to go to its new home you could see it in its eyes.

I hear the ding of the door and went “did Noir just leave?” “Did she even pay” as I looked down at the saw a wad of cash just sitting there. The teller looks at me and starts counting it, “It looks like she over paid miss” I then said “I will take it to her; I got an good idea where she went”

I left the pet store and start walking towards the food court, there I see Noir just inhaling tacos, “Is that 20 of them?!” I walk up to her and said “You paid too much; luckily I was there to give this to you.” The Dog who I have yet to name, started staring at Noir’s Taco and looked like he was about to jump up.
Back to top Go down
Noir Lindor

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:58 pm

"Huh? I didn't over pay, see here's my receipt." (unravels receipt from pocket and shows Sarah)
Sarah now has a look of confusion on her face, how cute.
"Hahaha looks like you took some poor kids change Sarah. That's not very becoming of A DWMA student but don't sweat it have a taco, it will take your mind off the terrible sin you have committed."
I give a devious chuckle as I pass Sarah one of the several remaining tacos.

I then notice her new pet staring up at the table.
"Oh don't worry I got one for you too." I toss the all meat taco a ways above dog friend's head. He does an impressive leap into the air catching the taco at the height of its ascent.
"Oooooooo Aaahhhhhh" I mumble in amazement at the dog's feat with half chewed taco in my mouth. "I think a pet with a special trick such as your's deserves a name, what do you think Sarah?"
I toss a very much distracted Sarah another taco.
"Ahh and maybe you guys could help me name turtle friend while we're at it. I have thought of a million names none seem to be any good. I've thought of Bony, Clyde, Irwin, Connie, Misha, Sansa, Rod, Florence, Dexter, Abram, Cheeko, Meeko........."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shopping Surprises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping Surprises   Shopping Surprises Empty

Back to top Go down

Shopping Surprises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Abyss :: Death City, Nevada :: Death City Square :: Marketplace-
Jump to: